Accessing to online documentation
What can I consult?
Poitiers University subscribes to numerous databases, scientific serials, dictionaries, encyclopedia and subscription websites you can access if:
- you are a member of the academic community (student, teacher, researcher or staff): from the university computers or from anywhere else (bar exceptions)
- you are a registered reader at the university library: from the library's computers
- if you just passing by, at the university from the free internet terminal access in the libraries.
You can also use this search engine to find ebooks and online periodicals.
These ressources are bought by the Service Commun de Documentation (Central Documentation Service), sometimes in partnership with other universtarian structures as laboratories. Subscriptions or acquisitions are presented to the Conseil Documentaire (Documentation Service board).
How to access to those subscription sites?
- Use Acces@UnivPoitiers service which, in addition to provide you a proxyfied URL, offer you extra services (new version of OpenAccess and links via InterLibraryLoan)
- Put this button in your bookmarks. When you reach a "normal" URL (like cairn.info or sciencedirect.com), click on the button to proxify the URL
- Install a plug-in on Firefox or on Chrome, which in one click will transform a classical URL (ex: cairn.info or sciencedirect.com) into a proxyfied URL. You will have in your toolbar an icon on which you can click as soon as you want to proxyfy a URL.
What can I do if I have problem access?
You can't reach the article you're interested in ? You're asked for a payment ? You see a blank page or an error message? Here some tips to help you:
- check in your search engine that the magazine you want to read is part of the university subscriptions. For example, the Justice professional serial is only accessible from 1997 to 2002. The articles published before or after aren't accessible.
- use another internet browser : if you use Chrome, try Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, and vice-versa, to observe if your problem persists.
- check in your browser's settings that the server's proxy configuration doesn't prevent you from accessing to other websites.
- if your URL begins by https, try to remove the "s" to obtain a URL beginning by http
- if you obtain a warning security message, click on "I understand the risks" or add a security exception
- try to reach the online ressource by another path: if you comes from ODéBU, use the specific engine research of online serials, or by Google Scholar after having setting Acces@UnivPoitiers.