Reading, borrowing, reserving items
You do not have to be registered to come and work in our premises, to consult books in the reading room or in the storeroom or to sit in an easy chair to read our magazines and newspapers. The campus-based Science library and the Ruche also offer places dedicated to video consultation.
However, using the computers or the Wifi network requires registration, as does accessing books loans and certain services as such as Inter Library Loan.
The Ruche, as well as several University Libraries, lend equipment such as small office material as well as computer hardware, digital and audiovisuel equipment.
Apart from some restrictions, you can borrow an unlimited number of books. The duration of a loan is 28 days for 1st and 2nd cycle students and external users (a 28 days renewal is authorized) and 3 months for postgraduates as well as University staff.
Some documents are subjected to specific restrictions regarding the number you can borrow or their loan duration. Therefore, you can only borrow 5 comic books and 5 DVDs for a 14 days period with no possibility for renewal. Some books which are in high demand (books for preparing competitive exams, some textbooks, legal reference books...) are submitted to specific restrictions that are stated in each University Library.
You can find these specific rules for each library on their page.
Extending the duration of a loan
- an extention is not possible if your documents are late or if you're banned from borrowing books
- an extention is not possible if the document you need is already reserved by another reader
- only one extension is allowed per document
- extensions are not allowed for specific types of ducuments: DVDs, comic books...
- ask the staff at your library's reception
- do it yourself by logging into your reader account (how does it work?) You only need to click on the Renewal link in the Current loan sections.
Reserving a document
You can reserve a document by the discovery tool Odebu, by clicking on the "Reserve" icon. You will be asked to log in to validate your reservation.
Retards et suspensions de prêt
Merci de rapporter dès que possible les documents réservés par un autre lecteur.